The EMMETT Technique
INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED MUSCLE RELEASE TECHNIQUE
The EMMETT Technique is a gentle, safe and simple to apply muscle release therapy.
This internationally recognised technique developed by Ross Emmett and taught in over 35 countries worldwide is equally effective on both people and animals.
The EMMETT Technique may assist with:
- Addressing pain and discomfort
- Improving body movement
- Aiding relaxation
- Improving quality of life
Key features of EMMETT Technique treatments:
- Accurate and fast assessments of body imbalances
- Can be done sitting, lying or standing
- Client can be either fully clothed or with some outer layers of clothing removed
- Suitable for everyone from babies, during pregnancy, for the elderly and everyone in between
The EMMETT Technique is a highly effective, standalone therapy or can be successfully integrated with other modalities such as Massage, Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy etc. People with no prior bodywork experience are also welcome at our courses.
HOW IT WORKS
The EMMETT Technique is an understanding of the body’s response to light touch. It has been suggested that the body reacts in a similar way to the workings of a touch-screen. Small sensors allow access to the brain via the therapists’ touch. As well as the ability to directly influence muscle action, these points may have a memory and emotional attachment.
Symptoms which have been relieved:
- Neck and shoulder restriction
- Lymphatic congestion and breathing
- Migraines or cluster headaches
- Abdominal cramps and bowel discomfort
- Persistent heel and foot pain
- Headaches, dizziness and sinus congestion
- Back and hip discomfort Knee and ankle restrictions
- Discomfort during pregnancy
- Fluid retention
And much, much more!
Emmett Practitioners are highly adaptable to the needs of their clients. The motto of the ‘Chameleon Approach', is that an Emmett therapist has the ability to assess and tailor the treatment according to the specific needs and beliefs of each client.